QA Medical Coding Analyst
Location: USA – Any remote location
Start Date: Position open until filled
- Work as part of the Quality Assurance Team to perform daily coding quality assurance reviews under the supervision of the QA Manager
- Perform random quality assurance audits utilizing the internal focus target lists developed from CMS, and approved RAC issues, OIG workplan topics, and historical areas of concern, as directed by the QA Manager.
- Comply with the established internal and client-requested QA guidelines.
- Coordination with assigned client contacts to review departmental procedures and ensure compliance.
- Prepare weekly QA productivity and progress reports to QA Manager.
- Ensure strict adherence to HIPAA policies.
- Provide review findings and feedback to coding staff in a constructive manner.
- Complete work assignments within the expected timeframe.
- Apply ICD-10-CM Official Coding Guidelines, Coding Clinic advice, MCE/OCEs, and other regulatory requirements in the coding and review process.
- 5 years of Health Information Management (HIM) Coding & Auditing experience required.
- Experience with hospital inpatient (IP) and outpatient (OP) coding, including E&M
- Trained in the use of ICD-10-CM/PCS with ability to train others
- Experience using CGI Sovera, Nuance Clintegrity 360, 3M, HDM, McKesson Patient Folder
- Available to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- CCS certificate required
- Additional RHIA or RHIT Certification
- AHIMA accredited ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
- Previous experience working remotely
- Experience using Epic, Cerner PowerChart, MediTech, McKesson STAR Navigator