CTR Registrar (FT)
Hours: (4) 10-hr shifts or (5) 8-hr shifts
Location: USA – Remote (FL)
Start Date: Position open until filled
- Identifies patients who meet reporting requirements through the Case finding process and Abstracts patients in accordance to State and National guidelines
- Generates reports based on data to Hospital Cancer Registry as required by the Coordinator
- Performs casefinding, abstracting and analysis of confidential patient data in accordance with professional ethics including HIPAA standards
- Ensures accurate follow-up is completed on each case
- Knowledgeable of maintenance required to keep compliance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS/CoC), the Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS), and any other duties requested and set forth by the Coordinator.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of Hospital.
- Assists with special projects as required and serves as a resource for peers while performing registrar upkeep
Inpatient Coder Job Requirements:
- Must hold a valid Certificate as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) through the National Cancer Registrars Association
- Minimum of (3) years of experience as a certified Cancer Registrar and/or Abstractor in an established cancer program required
- Associate’s degree in Health Sciences, Health Information Technology or equivalent experience is required.
Flexible hours and telework for a few days a week as needed.