Remote Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIS) (FT)
Location: USA – Remote
Start Date: Position open until filled
- CDIS will perform as a member of the team, reviewing 20-22 cases/day, including 8 new cases and 12-15 follow-ups per day.
- Must be adaptable and can transition from one client to the next quickly and with ease.
- Must be able to work in a remote environment.
- Must be available for 8 hours of screening tests and 2 interviews.
- Ideal candidate is someone who was trained by JATA consultant or completed JATA classroom and was trained by JATA-trained CDS
- Must be willing to obtain multiple state licenses
- Must be able to commit to 25% travel; 50% desirable
- IT skills to perform duties will include – Microsoft Office, Excel, Skype for Business; Electronic health records (Epic,Cerner, Meditech); Virtual desktops; ability to quickly navigate through multiple applications
Education/Credentials/Clinical Experience Required:
- Must have previous Teaching hospital experience (transplants, trauma, multiple service lines, high surgical percentage)
- RN with at least 5 years experience with ICU, ED, or med surg. required.
- CCDS preferred.
- BSN or MSN is preferred
- Licensure and certification required.
- CCDS or CDIP preferred
- CDI: 2 years (Preferred)
- Clinical: 5 years (Required)
- ICU, ED, or M/S: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- BSN, MSN, CCDS, CDIP (Required)
- RN (Required)
- United States (Required)
Flexible hours and telework for a few days a week as needed.